Specialty Clinics Coordinator - Specialty Clinic
Job Description - Specialty Clinics Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Hospital Based Specialty Clinics
SUPERVISOR: Director of Practice Management
APPROVED BY: Chief Executive Officer DATE: 12/18/ 2019
In accordance with the Hot Springs County Memorial Hospital Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual and the requirements of our accrediting bodies, the employee will: support the mission "Partnering with our community for quality health and healing", the five core values "Ownership, Always better than yesterday, Service first, Integrity, and Stewardship of our resources (OASIS). Our behavior creates our OASIS - a place where we can find safety, sustenance, and a pleasant change from the usual. and vision of "being the hub for the development and provision of quality health services while ensuring the viability of Hot Springs County Memorial Hospital as a valued healthcare partner in the community."
The established priorities of Quality, Service, Finance, People, and Growth will be utilized in decision making. Furthermore, the employee will demonstrate the ability to manage time, maintain a safe and clean environment; practice confidentiality; treat all persons with respect and professional courtesy; accept change; accept and provide constructive feedback; work as a team player and adhere to the infection control, fire and safety, disaster and hazardous waste policies. The employee must also demonstrate the competencies for their position and adhere to policies and procedures of their department. The employee will participate in quality improvement activities.
The following is a list of minimally required behaviors to assist the employee in partnering with our community:
Accepts responsibility for actions, attitudes and health. Doing things right the first time, every time for excellent results. Accepts ownership of mistakes and takes constructive action to avoid repeating mistakes. Works with empowerment to the highest potential both as an individual and as part of the team. Unsatisfied with the status quo or just being "good." Contributes to an environment that encourages creative thinking. Shares ideas and opinions and supports opportunities to learn and grow.
Always Better Than Yesterday
Performs at the highest level, always learning and looking for ways to improve, with an unwavering focus on safety. Celebrates and encourages the contributions of one another.
Constructively challenges the status quo by being flexible, adaptable and embracing change as a key element of our future success.
Doing our best every day to anticipate and exceed the expectations of patients, providers and co-workers. Understands excellence is the result of team effort. Creates legendary experiences.
Does the right things. Consistently open, honest, trustworthy and ethical. Demonstrates respect for patients, their families, staff, providers and the community.
Stewardship of Our Resources
Strives to care wisely for our human, financial and natural resources. Strengthens HSCMH as a partner in the community
Responsible for overall coordination and implementation of all client contract deliverables in the specialty clinics that supports efficient patient intake, patient registration, patient scheduling, preauthorization, document management, chart preparation prior to exam, timely scheduling of other hospital services provided in ambulatory care, radiology, and laboratory. Constantly monitoring workflow processes for improved client and patient satisfaction. Makes recommendations for continued process improvement of all workflows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. As the first impression and representative of the specialty clinics this person must greet the patient with a smile, be warm, friendly, engaging and welcoming. Checks-in all patients and provides instruction for filling out paperwork prior to seeing the provider.
2. Answers phone in a prompt and courteous manner and takes messages and relays to providers or clinical support staff. May be required to schedule patient appointments.
3. May be required to complete parts of the registration process including insurance and demographics verification at time of each patient visit.
4. Provides orientation to all new clients / providers including all necessary set-up in preparation for seeing their first patient.
5. Will be the primary liaison between specialty clinic clients and hospital departments, outpatient clinics and between all other specialty clinic clients.
6. Creates clinic schedules and distributes to appropriate departments monthly including a monthly ad in the paper with the upcoming months schedule. Coordinates provider pick-up at the airport.
7. Requires the ability to work collaboratively with other departments such as hospital registration, ambulatory care, imaging, laboratory and the outpatient clinics.
8. Must be able to learn and navigate hospital and clinic EMR systems.
9. Prepares any necessary test results, such as lab, imaging and any other essential medical records needed prior to the patient exam. This may include requesting records from other facilities and physician offices. Assists with all documents that need to be FAXED or scanned.
10. Good understanding of all contract deliverables for each client. Ability to work collaboratively with clients to address patient complaints or any other concerns related to the operation of the clinics. Always looking to improve overall efficiencies of the specialty clinics.
11. Orders general and all medical supplies according to client contract.
12. Establishes and maintains a work climate conducive to healthy work relationships and collaboration.
13. Ability to write policies and procedures. May assist with the budget process.
14. The above duties are intended to describe the key aspects of the work performed by individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive listing of requirements relative to the position. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High School Graduate or equivalent
2. 2 years' experience working in a medical practice or hospital setting as an MA or CNA with emphasis in patient scheduling and registration.
3. Must have a working knowledge of the referral and preauthorization process between hospital and medical practice to include patient scheduling of hospital services.
4. Experience with electronic health records systems.
5. Above average data entry skills.
6. Must possess communication skills, both orally and written to relate to the public in person.
7. Demonstrate good organizational skills and takes initiative.
8. Proficient with Microsoft office Suite particularly with Excel.
9. Willingness to occasionally work outside the normal office hours, if necessary, to meet the needs of the clinic.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and is knowledgeable in metric, apothecary and household measurements and can convert from one system to another.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to modify care based on the developmental / functional age of the patient as well as that of the patient's ethnic background.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to act as a patient advocate. Ability to interact with patients, families, visitors and co-workers. Ability to interact assertively and tactfully when dealing with conflict and in group solving activities. Ability to demonstrate a professional, open minded approach in identifying problems and resolving problems/conflicts.
Must be able to provide care according to the developmental level and or chronological patient served. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying the needs and abilities of each patient, and demonstrating an understanding of how a patient's chronological and developmental age influences his/her need for adaptations related to his/her abilities. Also, an understanding of how a patient's age impacts his/her ability to deal with and adapt to the care needed/provided is required. General census of neonatal to geriatric patients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While filling this position, the employee must regularly lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance, vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. This position also requires
walking or standing to a significant degree. This position also requires reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, stooping, bending, crouching, and working with equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is subject to inside and possibly outside weather conditions. The employee is also subject to exposure to blood and body fluids, proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical shock, exposure to burns and radiant energy, exposure to explosives, exposure to toxic chemicals and biological agents.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
David Serle - Clinic Manager